Axial Coil Replacements
20mm heat coil replacements are here to: suit your upgrade needs from a barrel style to an axial style coil. An e-banger heat coil that has bottom-heating ability is a key piece of gear that gives you more temperature coverage across the vaping surface of your e-banger. If you own an e-banger or are thinking about switching from a torch to electric, the type of heat coil to use is worth considering. Typical barrel style coils leave the bottom surface cooler than the side walls. Flat coils leave the side walls un-heated. The axial coil swiftly combines to get two birds stoned at once (as Ricky says).
Best of Both Worlds
This can be compensated for by increasing the temperatures and avoiding the side walls with your tool; but often times this leads to an excess carbon buildup. On the side walls of your banger you may find black stains which seem to “soak into the pores” of the quartz and forever evade all cleaning efforts. This is mainly due to concentrate which does not get quite hot enough. If you do not remove this leftover residue, it will eventually dry and crust over– leading to “chazzing”. The bottom line is that it’s just plain easier and more efficient to heat the bottom more evenly to begin with.
Top reasons why an e-nail heat coil may fail to work correctly over time:
- failed thermocouple (#1)
- excessive/repeated bending/twisting of wires
- broken solder connections
- loose and bent XLR connection (plug)
- excessive moisture contracting the coil
- residue buildup near the seams– towards the fabric “sheath”
- residue buildup at any other electrical connection (not as likely)
- an exceptional amount of forceful plugging and plugging in of the cable — wearing down the terminals (not likely)
- “thermal shock” (gradual wear)
Your 20mm heat coil replacement can stay working for years if care is taken to avoid sharp/stressful bending of the the cable, coil, or plug parts. They can be slightly bent and fitted with care not to break the thermocouple layer in the middle of the coil (like a twinky).